Blueprint Reading - Cedar Falls - Session 2: Architectural / Structural
- Jul 26, 2022 01:00 PM – 05:00 PM
- Cedar Falls, IA
A Fundamental Skill For Anyone Involved in the Construction Industry
Construction drawings can be difficult to understand and mistakes can be costly. Being able to read and understand construction drawings is a fundamental skill for anyone involved in the construction industry. In this series, participants will gain the skills necessary to read and understand typical construction documents - blueprints and specifications.
Participants can register for the entire series to receive a discount, or register separately for only one or two of the sessions.
Session #2: Architectural / Structural
Presenter: Brad Perkins – Iowa State University
This session will focus on the reading and use of architectural and structural plans and specifications. Architectural and structural plan reading topics to be discussed include:
- Standard symbols, plan organization, specification organization.
- Use of standard architectural scales.
- Architectural plan views, details, elevations, & sections.
- Use of architectural schedules, notes, & symbols.
- Structural foundation plans.
- Plan reading for structural building systems, including precast concrete, structural steel, site cast concrete, & masonry.
Master Builder Designation: Project Management - 4 Credits